Finally vacations! If this year you are one of those who are lucky enough to be able to escape and you don’t have anyone to look after your garden or terrace, before leaving you will have to develop a series of practices to avoid seeing your garden and plants die, especially if your absence is prolonged. Please visit – https://electrogardentools.com/p/best-table-saw-for-beginners/
Below, we will list a series of tips to avoid unexpected scares on your return:
- To begin with, before leaving, the first thing you will have to check is the proper functioning of the watering system, going over the sprinklers and diffusers, which should cover all the watering areas without leaving any of the areas unwatered. A fundamental aspect for your plants at this time of year.
- Make sure that the watering timer works properly, the batteries, if any, and finally, set the watering times in the early morning or late afternoon, when the sun shines less brightly on your garden, giving your plants time to absorb enough water and avoiding sunburn.
- Secondly, and not less important, clean your garden from adventitious herbs. A correct elimination of these herbs will avoid worse evils and that your plants have to compete for water and nutrients against plants that are not to your liking.
- Mow the lawn just before you go on vacation, but do not mow too much, because when the heat is more intense it is better to keep the grass a little high.
- Prune the broken branches of the bushes, trees and plants so that the air and summer storms do not break them and they suffer much more.
- Treat the plants that look like a plague or disease, because if you let them stay during your vacation period you will cause an extension of the plague to healthy areas or plants.
- Leave the fertilization of your plants and lawn for September, so that your plants will take on much more strength for the cold months.
- Raise your plants to prevent them from lying down with the weight of the plants and to encourage their good development.
- Protect the plants more susceptible to the snails with antilimac products by applying it at the base of the stem.
A series of minimum tasks ensures the good functioning of the garden in your absence, guaranteeing that you enjoy your vacations without having to think about how everything will be at home.